We are what we eat… Dietary habits mark the most crucial facet when it comes to the health of an individual. Whatever we eat directly affects our body and health. From your biggest sense organ i.e. skin to our internal organs, every single cell of our body relies on the nutritional diet we consume on our daily chores. The optimal nourishment of our body can be achieved only through a precise diet. Our body relinquishes millions of cells each day and generates new cells to replace the older ones. These new cells require an ample amount of nutrition for their growth and life span. Our skin is the largest organ exposed to the external surroundings, and thus, needs to be taken extensive care of. The skin can stay in a decent and prosperous condition with a sufficient supply of nutrients. As a result, this will assist you to retain your fresh and youthful skin for a substantial duration.
In ancient times, when our ancestors choose a healthy diet and proper sleep intervals, they didn’t face many health & beauty issue before their 50-60s. This can be recorded as proof that a sick diet is responsible for making our body sick. Although, these are serious issues but can be covered up to a greater extent with a proper and prosperous diet.
The aftermaths seen in our body due to the unhealthy food we eat can be stated in junctures stated below.
- Premature greying of hair follicles: Teens are liable to face the problem of grey hair, which is shocking at a young age. To cure this, they opt for artificial pigments to cover up the grey hair follicles. Synthetic dyes and colours are further a greater threat for early greying of hair.
- Early skin ageing: The dark spots, wrinkles, fine lines, etc. are some of the signs of ageing. These signs are seen when our skin turns old and loses its firmness. Synthetic beauty products when combined with unhealthy eating habits can result in signs of early ageing.
- Disease prone body: Our body is designed in a way to regain its lost energy through healthy food. In case of failure of this requirement leads to weakening of our body and loss of internal health possessed. Eye diseases, skin problems, heart diseases, respiratory diseases are most common among these.
Healthy foods equal to youthful glow & better immunity.
The induced technologies have furnished us with much easier solutions in our day-to-day vitality, but have made us more vulnerable to frail surroundings. Increased pollution, overexposure of sunlight, artificial ripened fruits and vegetables, synthetic beauty products, rigorous soap solutions, etc. are accountable for unduly ageing and weakening of our skin. To regain the lost moisture and nourishment, treating skin with a combination of antioxidants and healthy fats can be extremely beneficial. From vitamins like C and E to metals like zinc and selenium along with iron and phosphorus can be very useful to achieve radiantly glowing skin.
Here is an explicit list of the recommendations that must be made in your daily diet along with their health benefits.
- Vitamin C: Antioxidants are crucial for clear and flawless skin. Vitamin C plays a vital role in clearing dark spots and rejuvenating skin blemishes. It supports our immune system and strengthens the same to ensure an active lifestyle. There are numerous natural sources of vitamin C, which proves to be the best for skin treatment. Oranges, papaya, blueberries, strawberries, sweet potatoes, broccoli, kiwi are the active supplements of vitamin C. It generates collagen, which reinforces the veins that supply oxygen to the skin inducing a healthy supply of oxygen.
- Selenium: Another strong antioxidant responsible for boosting the immune system of our body. Selenium can generate a protective barrier against continual ailments like skin cancer, sun damage, and ageing dark spots. Brazil nuts are considered the greatest sources of selenium. A minimum of four-five nuts on a customary basis encompasses you with a proprietary dose of selenium. Other citations of selenium are shellfish, wheat-germ, tomatoes, and broccoli.
- Vitamin E: Healthy hair and nourished skin add up to the facial beauty of an individual. Vitamin E is the mineral necessary for the healthy and regular growth of the skin cells. The growing cells have eloped with an adequate amount of oxygen. It also protects cells from damage ensuring their sufficient growth. Vitamin E is considered the best remedy to induce eyesight and hair growth. Applying vitamin E-rich oil to your scalp is considered a decent way to upgrade your scalp. It is obtained from almonds, avocados, hazelnuts, pine nuts, etc.
- Healthy fats: Our body needs fats and carbohydrates to a remarkable extent for proper growth and development. Saturated fats deliver fatty acids to the skin, which work as a natural moisturizer for your skin. These fatty acids are credible to retain the elasticity and tenderness of your skin. A combination of saturated fats with vitamin E can provide your body with a wholesome package to keep it healthy and restore the lost nourishment at a faster pace. Saturated fats are obtained from fishes, nuts, avocados, and seeds.
- Zinc: Our body consists of various metals like iron, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, etc., which are ethical in ensuring healthy growth and strengthening of the body. Shiny and lustrous hair attracts everyone around and zinc assists you to gain such beautiful hair vigorously. The amount of zinc required by our body is quite less but deficiency of zinc may result in incurable diseases as well. Wheat, meat, milk, and seafood are affluent sources of zinc. These foods thus must be included in our daily diet.
- Biotin: Proper production of hair, nails, and skin cells is significant for an appealing external beauty. Biotin engages the prosperous growth of these cells and ads up to your elegance. Cooked eggs, meat, and nuts are the profound citation of Biotin. In addition to this biotin is accountable to prevent the breakage or loss of hair. Hair loss is one of the most widespread issues irrespective of gender and age in recent times. Consumption of biotin will safeguard you from the issue of hair-fall and enhance your magnificence.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6: Our body doesn’t generate all the essentials that are essential for proper nourishment and growth. A few of them are to be supplied through external facets like our diet. Omega-3 and 6 are rich fatty acids, which are not cultivated in our body, rather, they are obtained from external sources through our diet. Affluent sources of omega are linseed oil, chia seeds, walnuts, rapeseed oil. These can be consumed as cooking oil in our daily diet. Omega also possesses anti-inflammatory actions defending our skin from infections like eczema and psoriasis.
- Phytoestrogens: Hormonal imbalance is also one of the reasons that can harness the health of your skin and body. Phytoestrogens are natural ingredients obtained from plants, which are reliable to retain the hormonal balance in the human body. These chemicals are obtained in almost all the plant procured substitutes in our diet. The substances that have an enormous amount of phytoestrogens are whole grains, fruits, soya beans, vegetables, and linseed.
- Low Glycaemic Index Carbohydrates: The slow breakdown of the carbohydrates ensures the release of sugar in the bloodstream at a sluggish pace. As a result, a smooth allowance of energy is supplied to your body, letting you attain a contented experience for a longer time. Low glycaemic index carbohydrates like beans and pulses do this work, enduring you with an adequate amount of energy for a longer time. On the contrary, high GI carbs are likely to generate insulin, which is responsible for the breakage of collagen. Collagen is an anti-ageing factor in our skin, and its breakage will create more chances of wrinkles and lines on the skin.
To keep up the health and beauty of your skin and physique, it’s significant to incorporate your daily diet with these vitamins, minerals, and energy-rich nutrients. In addition to these, you must watch-out for two more facets. The first one is a sufficient proportion of water consumption and an adequate amount of sleep. You must consume a minimum of 2.5 to 4 litres of water per day in your diet. Water cleanses up the impurities in your body gifting your flawless skin. A continual sleep of a minimum of 6-8 hours energizes your body cells, which is advantageous for your skin and body health. Consuming healthy food will make your body healthy and skin vibrant.